Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Begging the question, Will I Ever Sleep Again?

So when it's 2:46 a.m. and you hear BASH! run run run run run scuffle THUD-- and so on -- and you know it's human and you know it's your backyard...

I flicked on the motion detector light and after a suitable second of delay it glared on, and still there's scuffle THUD THUD--

and what I see, or what I can see since I don't have glasses on, is one, then two guys scrambling over the fence - the THUD is them landing on the "wood shed" on my North fence - into the yard next door and entering what I believe is the basement apartment with great speed and alacrity. 

It was like watching big human racoons for a second, messing around in the trees in the back.  There was that moment of "Omigosh Look - even though they are pests they are still Wild Animals in the City and kinda Cool to Behold."

But see, there is a perfectly good entrance that leads to that door to that apartment.  And then there was the speed. 

So I'm pretty much concluding that my immediate neighbour is a criminal. 

Hoo fucking rah.

Also, the furnace is still after me.  It's dropped to 13 degrees.  There is ice forming on the inside of the window.

No comments:

Post a Comment