Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The List of Humble

1.  Still can't figure out the furnace.  But at least I've turned off the thing that was interfering with my mastery of "manual."
2.  Don't know what at least 5 of my light switches do. If anything.
3. Can't figure out why half the lights in the bedroom work, and the other half don't.  Just now made the brilliant deduction to look closely at the ones that work, then see if the ones that don't work are similarly set up.  Nearly destroyed my laptop screen when this investigation led to one of the light boxes flying off the track and crashing on to the bed, where, natch, my computer sat. 
4. Learned to close computer screen before trying to figure out lights.
5. Tried to install a storm window.  It doesn't fit.  I know it's the right storm window, but I don't know if it needs to be sanded, or pounded in with a rubber mallet.  I did however purchase the correct butterfly fasteners.
6. After hesitating to put a nail or screw up anywhere, and in light of both the cold and the disturbing view of my criminal neighbour hotfooting it through my backyard, NAILED UP some blackout material over the window.  Fuck it.
7. Moved cat litterbox to what I hope will be its permanent location, with no accidents from Tallulah.  Promptly spilled juice/Perrier mix on cream carpet.

Basically, it's time to call Rent-A-Husband.  Or borrow someone else's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment